The MOG Nation Community is built on a basis of respect for our fellow members. Although we'd like to believe that there couldn't possibly be any issues in a fun-loving, gaming environment, we're gamers and we know better. At MOG Nation, we are very serious about keeping our gaming environment free of extreme behavior and poor attitudes.
The MOG Nation Code of Conduct is a living document. It serves as a standard for all members to base behaviors while in-game, in voice servers, on forums, or any other situations where the member is representing MOG Nation or its chapters and affiliates. Any change to the Code of Conduct shall be voted upon by the Council and final approval lies with the MOGNation LLC.
1. Respect the decisions made by our administrators and guild leaders. We will do our best to be impartial and fair in all matters.
2. If you have a problem, please follow the Chain of Command and keep disputes private. Publicly disrespecting guild leadership, for any reason, is a Code of Conduct violation.
3. When in doubt, keep it family friendly! The default status for all of MOG is a family friendly environment. Certain guilds in the MOG Nation and channels on the mumble server may be designated rated R. Crude or adult language may only be used in these designated areas/guilds. However, you may not verbally or sexually harass, defraud, threaten, cause distress, and/or give unwanted attention to other members. Sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, overly abusive, defamatory, unnecessarily obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive language is prohibited. This is to include, user names, signatures and or any links in your posts or profile. You may not distribute post, publish, upload, disseminate or discuss defamatory, infringing, obscene, sexual, racist or any unlawful materials like pornography or illegal drugs including images, audio, video, links, or text. Also, posted material about controversial topics such as (but not limited to) politics, religion, racism, sexism, or sexual orientation is also prohibited. These actions will not be tolerated!
4. You may not misrepresent yourself (age, affiliation, history, etc) on your application.
5. Do not post anything that would obligate or request MOG Nation members to participate in events such as: protests, boycotts, petitions, demonstrations, or charitable donations without the approval of the MOG Nation leadership. This includes using the MOG Nation/MOG Radio name and/or logo.
6. You may not send or make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation without the permission of the leadership. This includes solicitation in-game as well as in the real world, including but not limited to transactions of both real money and in-game currency.
7. MOG Nation administrators reserve the right to edit or delete any post that conflicts with the Code of Conduct. Creating new threads with the same topic as a thread which has previously been closed or deleted by an administrator is not allowed.
8. Many of us enjoy having a few brews while we game. Please monitor your behavior while you drink & game. If you don’t, we’ll have to do it for you.
9. MOG Nation members shall uphold any user agreements, EULA or CoC for ANY game that they may play. MOG Nation will not be responsible for policing your actions in games regarding game exploits which include cheating, use of third party programs, purchasing items or in game gold for real money, using a power leveling service and any other actions which might get your game account suspended or banned. All (potential or perceived) exploits will be immediately reported to the appropriate Game Developers and/or guild leadership of the game involved. Any member banned from ANY game for violating in-game rules will be removed from the MOG Nation. Lack of integrity is a quality that is unwelcome in the community and will be dealt with as such.
10. While representing the MOG Nation, you may not violate any local, state, national or international law or post any content that would encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense. This includes hacks, emulators, and/or services that violate copyrighted material.
11. You are responsible for your in-game and site accounts and as such you should keep your account information to yourself. You may not register for more than one MOG Nation account unless permission is granted by an administrator.
12. Our private voice-over-IP channels are just that….Private. Under no circumstances is any member permitted to share the log-in information with anyone outside of the MOG Nation. You are not to post the information anywhere including in-game guild chat unless approved an administrator. MOG Nation will host public channels for non-members.
13. MOG Administrators reserve the right to remove any member from the community at any time. Rest assured there will always be a valid reason and the potential removal of any member of the community will be taken very seriously.
14. NDA Violations: Due to the media relations side of MOG Nation, our members frequently receive invites to game Alpha and Beta Tests. MOG Nation members that are operating under any Non-Disclosure Agreements are expected to maintain those agreements while representing the MOG Nation Community. This includes forums, videos, blogs, VOIP's, social media or any other avenue (inside and outside of MOG) that allows you to disclose information about the game you have been entrusted to test. These violations also extend to the sharing of leaked photos and/or footage from content under NDA, regardless of the individual’s inclusion under the NDA itself. In short, MOG Nation doesn’t want to contribute to the sharing of information from a company that has an expectation of privacy regarding that content.MOG Nation will take these violations seriously and we will work with game developers to punish any such violators. If caught, violators will be immediately removed from MOG Nation.
15. Inactivity in MOG Nation will be handled as follows:
• Member accounts will be deleted from MOG Nation roster after one year of inactivity, unless an administrator is notified of a prolonged absence.
• Inactivity in individual games will be left up to the Guild Master of that particular game. Guild members that are removed from a game roster due to inactivity will NOT also be removed from the MOG Nation roster unless their profile shows inactivity for more than one year.
• To notify the leadership of an upcoming absence, or if you believe you were removed from the roster by accident, simply send a private message to an administrator.
All violations of the Code of Conduct will be taken seriously. A severe violation is grounds for immediate expulsion from MOG Nation, any and all guild chapters and creative endeavors. Reporting of violations of the Code of Conduct will remain confidential.
We are very serious about keeping our gaming environment free of extreme behavior and poor attitudes. If you are looking to avoid being a subject of scrutiny, all you have to do is be an adult, act respectfully at all times, be nice and don’t force the leadership to take on a parental role.
Issues of Misconduct:
Although our community promotes the utmost in casual, friendly behavior, conflicts in gaming situations are inevitable. The term "drama-free” is used freely in gaming communities such as ours, but the reality is that even the best guilds are subject to some level of conflict among its members. At MOG Nation, we consider ourselves "drama-controlled”. As a result, we have chosen to adopt the following disciplinary policy.
If you have witnessed a violation of the Code of Conduct, or any other overt behavior that could be deemed as offensive or harassment, the MOG Nation leadership has an "open door" policy if you wish to report the incident.
General Reporting Parameters:
1.Incidents occurring within an official MOG Nation guild chapter shall be reported to the individual guild’s leadership. The guild leadership will address the issue and take necessary actions as outlined in the Leadership Response and Review Process.
2.Incidents occurring in MOG Nation’s general gaming areas and not under the auspices of an official chapter shall be reported to any MOG Nation Staff member, preferably a Community Support officer.
Voluntary Reporting Procedure:
1.Send a PM on the Enjin Site to the appropriate officer with the following information:
a. Date and time of the incident
b. Name of offender (In-game character name and Enjin Profile name if possible)
c. Description of what transpired
d. Screenshot of the offense if applicable
2. The officer will receive the report and process it appropriately. If a guild officer, they should make every attempt to handle the offense within the guild. If needed, the Guild Leader may choose to utilize the assistance of a MOG Nation Community Manager.
3. Feedback will be delivered to the subject of the offense if appropriate and the leadership will make every attempt to keep the situation private through this process.
Leadership Response and the Review Process:
When leadership receives a complaint or potential Code of Conduct violation, a thorough investigation will be conducted by the appropriate party. The investigation should include the following phases:
2.Identification of Code of Conduct parameter violated or applicable misconduct
3.Evaluation of level of discipline required
Note: Leaders in any capacity may request assistance from Community Support Staff in this process, if needed.
• The accused member will be given an opportunity to respond and present his or her explanation to the guild leadership. Responses must be within seven (7) days of when the leadership notifies the member of the infraction. The guild leader or officer handling the case will send this message through a PM and any listed email address for the accused member. An in-game mail may also be sent if needed.
• The guild leadership shall provide "due process" and respond to each case with a calm demeanor, dignity and respect for all members involved.
• FIRST VIOLATION: After review, if a member is found to be in violation of our Code of Conduct, they will be issued a warning. This status will be documented by the leadership in the "Issues” forum in the officer area of the MOG Nation Community site, viewable by the leadership group. The officer processing the violation will then send a PM notifying MOG Nation Community managers of the disciplinary issue.
• ADDITIONAL VIOLATIONS: If a member receives any additional violations of our Code of Conduct within 6 months from the original violation, a review of the violation and the status of the member will be conducted by the MOG Nation Council and the member may be subject to additional actions as deemed appropriate by the Council, up to and including immediate dismissal from any and all MOG Nation communities.
·"Additional actions” may include, but are not limited to: suspension, removal of leadership status, dismissal.
·If it is decided that a member is to be removed from any MOG Nation Guild Chapter as a disciplinary action due to violation of the Code of Conduct, they will subsequently be removed from all MOG Nation affiliated websites, committees, leadership positions and other related endeavors.
Any other violation not listed in the Code of Conduct that the leadership deems harmful to a member or affiliate of the community, or any behavior that threatens the reputation of our guilds or MOG Nation as a whole may be subject to this disciplinary process.
Leadership reserves the right to remove a member from the community at any time due to extreme cases of the Code of Conduct, behavioral issues or any other misconduct that may tarnish the reputation of our guilds or MOG Nation as a whole.
We are very serious about keeping our gaming environment free of poor attitudes or conduct. If you are looking to avoid any of this process, all you have to do is be an adult, act respectfully at all times, be nice and don’t force the leadership to take on a parental role.
MOG Nation leadership provides an open outlet to hear the needs of its community members. Members should attempt to resolve issues via the established chain-of-command, however, any member who does not feel their issue has been properly heard or addressed should not hesitate to contact any member of the command structure to address the issue. Your voice matters and you WILL be heard.
Starting official groups:
No person or member of MOG Nation is allowed to create official groups bearing the MOG Nation name in any form unless explicitly approved by the MOGNation LLC. MOG Nation is a protected name and its use is governed under the express consent of the MOGNation LLC. Any person or member of MOG Nation who creates an official group bearing the MOG Nation name without express consent will be asked to forfeit control of the media bearing the name to the MOGNation LLC.